Sunday, August 22, 2010

Design is for E V E R Y O N E !!!

...Recently, while waiting for a friend to meet me at a Local Harvard Square bookstore, I stumbled across a unique yet poignant reminder that Design with a capitol D, requires that we as designers must be sentient in our pursuits to serve all of humanity. Flippantly flipping through the pages of one of my favorite Arts magazine, Art: Das Kunstmagazin, was a brief article on a young German designer's re-design of the rubiks cube...you might be thinking, "why and HOW would anybody do such a thing?"

Just take a look, I think the pictures will speak for themselves...
they did for me, my grasp on the German language just isn't what it used to be...

...combining my love for Art, and my incessant need for finding German
Language publications to try and keep myself from forgetting the language...

...It was just a brief design highlight in the magazine, but reminded me that as
designers we need to be concious of a broader, sometimes forgotten audience...



...and lastly, a brief diagram of the colours for all of you non-braille reading people...


...it was just a brief article, and the concept just so simple, but sometimes its the simplest of ideas that can have the greatest impact. I hope that as designers we can remember that the best design is one that is accessible to everybody...

No comments:

Post a Comment